posted Sep 20, 2016, 9:33 AM by Jayne Gibb
Keep your face to the sunshine
and you cannot see a shadow.
Today's Lunch: Walking Tacos, Refried Beans, Corn, Salad Bar, and Milk.
Tomorrow's Lunch: Corn Dogs, Potato Wedges, Mixed Vegetables, Salad Bar, and Milk.
- Seniors: University of Northern Iowa Rep will be here on the 5th of October, 10:45 am. Sign up on Mrs' Cloyed's office door if you would be interested in meeting with any of these Reps. Thanks.
- Tag Students- Please report to your Advisory Teacher on the days that you have Tag lunch and will miss your Advisory time, or tell them the next day in order to not be counted absent in that period.
- Students/Adult Drivers: You must park in designated painted parking spots. DO NOT PARK AT THE END OF THE ISLANDS IN NON-MARKED PARKING SPACES. Buses have to go through the parking lot and end up having to back all the way up the back side of the island when you park illegally.
- Hey student's, check out the new books we have in the library!!! They are going fast, so hurry in. The NHS purchased several books, some sequels, some serious, and tons of single copy books. A big shout out of thanks to NHS for this very generous donation!!! THANK YOU!!! Trish
- Thursday- HS Basketball boys, please report to the old gym after lunch for shoe fitting. We will be fitting both 1st and 2nd lunches.
Homecoming is this next week. The week is jam packed with extracurricular events.
Wednesday, 9/21- The Great Gatsby (Formal Dress), 6:30 Wednesday in the park, Pastor Flash will hold the opening ceremonies to kick off the evening. Coronation for the whole community in the park (in case of rain we can move to the old gym), introduction of all students in extracurricular activities at this time, and pie contest/auction in the park. Also, a freewill donation soup supper in the park. Bonfire at the school after the park activities.
Thursday, 9/22- Teen Beach Movie (Hawaiian/Beach attire) Please remember the Dress Code, Thursday, Sept. 15
Friday, 9/23- Friday Night Lights (Dress as your favorite football player, Blue and White), Friday, 9/23- An assembly 8th hour for the cheerleaders. Our periods will run 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8.
Saturday, 9/24- HS Homecoming dance 8:00-11:00 p.m.
"Nominations for the Secondary TAG Program are now open. If you have never been in TAG, candidates may be nominated by student self-referral, parent referral, or teacher referral. Three categories are considered by a selection committee for student candidates: Academic Ability as shown by Standardized Tests, GPA; creativity as recognized by staff and perseverance as recognized by staff. Student nomination forms, parent nomination forms and teacher referral forms are in the high school office. Nominations will close by Tuesday, Sept. 20. If you have questions, contact Mrs. Singley, in the elementary office."